Changes to your household

We understand that households do grow and change.

If there is a change in your household, it is important to let us know as soon as you are able so our records are up to date. This will ensure we provide your household with the right assistance as a change may have implications for your tenancy.

Please click on the tabs below to find out more about reporting changes to your household.

A couple stood in the kitchen of their home whilst holding a small baby

If someone plans to move in with you or has already done so, please phone 0800 131 3348 to let us know.

If you would like to add someone to your tenancy, phone 0800 131 3348 to discuss this.

Please let us know if you have a baby so we can add them to your household details.

Subletting is when a tenant rents their home to someone else. You need to ask our permission before:

  • Taking in a lodger
  • Subletting part of your home

If we do not give permission, we will explain why in writing.

Some conditions must be met before this can happen. This includes you:

  • Asking us for written permission
  • Having no rent arrears
  • Having lived with the person for a year at that address

If you have a joint tenancy and your relationship ends, ask our Customer Service Centre what this means for your tenancy.

We normally allow one person to continue the tenancy solely in their name, provided both parties agree and there is no outstanding rent or related debts.

When a tenant dies someone may be eligible to succeed the tenancy.

Successors must:

  • Be at least 16 years old
  • Have lived in the property for a year