Feeling safe in your home

Antisocial behaviour

Neighbourhoods should be safe and pleasant places to live.

We do not accept antisocial behaviour (ASB) by our tenants, their invited visitors or their pets.

A man stood in front of a piece of graffiti

ASB covers a wide range of unacceptable activities, including:

  • Verbal abuse
  • Noise nuisance
  • Graffiti
  • Fly-tipping or dropping litter
  • Threatening behaviour
  • Nuisance driving or parking
  • Pets fouling public spaces
  • Racial, sexual and other harassment

We take reports of ASB very seriously and will take any necessary steps to protect our tenants.

We work in partnership with other agencies to resolve ASB cases, including environmental health, council ASB units, local councillors, community groups and the police.

A close up of a woman talking on the phone in an office

If you feel comfortable doing so, talk to the person. They may not know they are causing a problem.

To report ASB please phone our 24-hour Customer Service Centre on 0800 916 1512.

We deal with situations sensitively and explain what can be done. If you are threatened with violence or witness something illegal, contact the police immediately.

  • Keep noise to a reasonable level
  • Respond positively if someone complains
  • Warn neighbours of potential noise (e.g. before a party or major repair)

You should also prevent your pet from:

  • Fouling your home, garden, public footpaths or communal gardens – always clear up after them!
  • Straying outside your home and garden
  • Making a noise (e.g. barking) for long periods
  • Being aggressive towards people or other animals

We support and assist tenants who experience domestic abuse.

We maintain strict confidentiality and provide information about other agencies that can help.

You should not give up your tenancy unless a solicitor, independent advice centre or the police advise you to do so and you have somewhere else to live.

If you are a victim of domestic abuse, we may be able to:

  • Help you move away from the problem
  • Provide additional security at your home

We can also refer tenants who need temporary accommodation to your local council.

Domestic abuse is a crime – don’t suffer in silence.

If you suffer or witness domestic abuse, please get help by contacting your local office or by phoning:

  • Police Scotland on 101 (use 999 only in an emergency)
  • Scottland's Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline on 0800 027 1234 (24 hours)

Hate crime is where people are targeted because they are believed to be different.

This may be because of their age, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, background, disability or faith.

We investigate every report of hate crime and may pursue legal action to evict any tenant found guilty.

Please contact us to report any incidents or phone:

  • Police Scotland on 101 (use 999 only in an emergency)
  • Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
  • Victim Support Scotland on 0800 160 1985 (8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday)