Report a repair
Keeping your home in a good condition is a responsibility shared between you and Sanctuary Scotland.
We are responsible for general ‘wear and tear’ to your property. You are responsible for any damage you cause.
You are also responsible for such things as decorating, replacing bath plugs and changing the locks if you lose your keys.
You can help us pinpoint faults and speed up the repairs process by referring to our What's the problem page.
Please phone our 24-hour Customer Service Centre on 0800 131 3348 or 0300 123 3511.
If you have a gas leak you should also phone the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.
The easiest way to report a non-emergency repair is to complete our report a repair form.
You can also report a repair by:
- Emailing ContactUs.Repairs@sanctuary-scotland.co.uk (non-emergency repairs only)
- Texting 07795 265 843
- Typetalk / minicom – 01482 580 576
Whenever you contact us, please tell us:
- Your name, address, postcode, contact phone number and email address
- Details of the repair or fault
- If you are hard of hearing or need time to get to your door
The details of your repair will be logged.
If we are responsible for the repair, we will arrange for someone to visit your home to fix the problem.
Anyone visiting your home on our behalf will carry photographic identification. If someone cannot prove who they are:
- Do not allow them to enter your home
- Alert the Customer Service Centre immediately
If you fail to keep an appointment you may be charged for the cost of the visit.
We prioritise repairs by how urgent they are.
Emergency repairs should be carried out within 6 hours. A repair is deemed an emergency where there is:
- A serious health and safety risk to people in or near the property (such as a gas leak or dangerous electrical fault)
- A risk of serious damage to the property (such as water leaking through the ceiling)
- A problem with important services (such as the water or electricity supply)
- A security risk (because of a broken window, or an external door that cannot be secured)
We will visit within 6 hours to make the situation safe. A follow-up visit will often be needed to fully complete the repair.
This applies to all non-emergency repairs for which access to your home is required.
We will try to agree an appointment with you within 20 working days at the first point of contact.
We sometimes group repairs together to create a programme of works. Where this applies a repair may take longer than 20 working days.
For example, if several homes on one estate need new guttering, this work may be done at the same time. This minimises disturbance and provides the best value for money.
Each year we invest millions of pounds improving our properties. This programme includes the replacement of windows, kitchens and bathrooms.
You can help us pinpoint faults and speed up the repairs process by referring to our what's the problem page.
As a landlord we carry out an annual gas safety check. You must allow us to access your home once a year for this purpose.
During this visit our engineer checks:
- Your gas appliances, flue and ventilation work properly
- Your gas meter installation does not leak
It is a good idea to note the location of your main gas shut-off valve. This is normally located near your gas meter.
If you experience a gas leak:
- If possible, turn off the gas supply at the meter
- Open windows and doors
- Leave the building
- Phone the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
Carbon monoxide is a silent killer.
You and your family could be at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning if your appliances, flue or ventilation are not working properly.
All Sanctuary tenants should have a carbon monoxide alarm.
If you do not have an alarm tell your local office - we will install one free of charge.
For more gas safety information, see the National Grid website (opens in new window).
You are responsible for your own possessions, carpets, fittings and internal decorations.
As a result you should take out household contents insurance to cover your possessions against loss or damage.
If your home is damaged by a Sanctuary contractor please phone 0800 131 3348 to let us know as soon as possible.
We might phone or email to ask you what you thought about your repair.
Calls last five minutes and help us improve.
You can tell us what you think of our repairs service – good or bad – by:
- Emailing ContactUs.Repairs@sanctuary-scotland.co.uk
- Phoning 0800 131 3348
- Writing to: Sanctuary Scotland, Marybone House, 2 Marybone, Liverpool L3 2BY